Asosiasi Kawasan Pariwisata Indonesia
Indonesian Resorts Association
AKPI became the co-host of the Indonesia Tourism Investment Day 2012 organized by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia on October 22, 2012 in Jakarta
Vision & Mission
- Indonesia as a world tourism destination through the development of international standard tourism regions.
- Assist the government in the development of new tourism objects by involving the private sector entrepreneurs and the entire tourism related industries.
- Realizing the development of integrated tourism regions with international standard as a driver of the development of the national tourism business.
Asosiasi Kawasan Pariwisata Indonesia or Indonesian Resorts Association is an institution that actively bridges the interests of its members consisting of tourism area developers and the government through joint efforts to sit the national tourism sector as a mainstay in the national development program.
Established on 4 November 1996 based on notarial act Mudofir Hadi on November 4, 1996, and in accordance with the Decree 10 dated February 27, 1988 No.. M-05-HT.03.05 Year 1988.
- Assist the government in the development and supervision of the national tourism area business
- Assist in the acceleration of tourism area business by improving the national and foreign banking investment financing structure.
- Bring tourism as goverment's public relations and a locomotive of industrial development, especially community-based industry
Programs & Events
- Participating in the stipulation of Tanjung Lesung TDC area as a Tourism Special Economic Zone (KEK) with the Director General of Tourism Destination Development, Deputy Minister of Economic Affairs, Industry and Trade (PP No. 26 Year 2012)
- Participating in the development of standards on tourism area business with the Director General of Tourism Destination Development.
- Participating in the planning of Indonesia Tourism Investment Day 2012 with the Director General of PDP
- AKPI Board held a meeting with the Minister of Culture and Tourism on the development of coordination of the tourism industry program.
- Participating in the workshop event "Setting the guidelines for the drafting of criteria and indicators of tourism region".
- Partnering with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in the design of criteria and fiscal facilitation for Special Economic Zones (SEZ)
- Partnering with the Ministry of Culture & Tourism in the development Strategic Tourism Regions workshops.
- Participating in the formulation on the development of tourism SEZ by the Ministry of Economy.
- Participating in acceleration program on the expansion of the economic development of Indonesia 2011-2025 with the Coordinating Ministry for Economic Affairs, Directorate General of Tourism Destination Development, Bappenas and the Ministry of Public Works.
- AKPI has undertaken the process of collecting and identifying data using questionnaires to all TDC in October 2002
- Participating in the development of standards on tourism area business with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 2002.
- Partnering with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the National Standardization Agency (BSN) in the Development of Tourism Region HR Competency Standards in 2003.
- Partnering with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in the formulation and implementation of the Emergency Plan in 2003 related to the impact of the Bali bombing.
- Partnering with the Ministry of Culture & Tourism in the preparation of the Guidelines of Tourism Business Development in 2004.
- Partnering with the Chamber of Commerce (KADIN) in Tourism Development Corporation (TDC) optimization program in each region that already exist and to be developed.
- Develop the idea of Indonesia Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) in the form of a presentation to the Ministry of Tourism, Postal and Telecommunications, the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Ministry of Public Works, and the Ministry of Mining and Energy in 1997
- Partnering with the Ministry of Tourism, Postal and Telecommunications in the preparation of the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) in performing macro study on the potential development of national tourism industry in 1997.
- Accompanying the Minister of Tourism, Postal and Telecommunications in a conference with the British tourism region investors held by Commercial Section of the British Embassy
- AKPI accompanying WTTC and Prof. Dr. Dorojatun Kuntjoro Jakti in the preparation of the National Industry Analysis
- Partnership with the Minister of Tourism, Postal and Telecommunications in facilitating the visits of the Republic of Maldives representatives to Nusa Dua / BTDC
- Media interview with USA Today on the National Tourism Region Development Potential to increase investment interest and awareness of American investors.
Asosiasi Kawasan Pariwisata Indonesia (AKPI)
Wisma Bakrie 2, 9th Fl.
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav. B-2 Jakarta 12920 Indonesia
Telp. : +62 21 5794 2157
Fax : +62 21 5794 21 59
Email : email@example.com
Updated: Aug. 3, 2012
Hiramsyah S. Thaib
Board of Trustees
Updated: Aug. 3, 2012
Tanjung Lesung Resorts
PT Banten West Java
Updated: Aug. 3, 2011
Tanjung Lesung as one of West Java's leading tourist areas has an impressive variety of natural attractions and cultural wealth, such as Ujung Kulon, Krakatoa, Liwungan, and Baduy villages to mention a few. Several 4-star hotel with international standards are also present in Tanjung Lesung. They are Kalicaa Villa Estate, Tanjung Lesung Resort Hotel, the Blue Fish and the Sailing Club. In addition to that, its proximity to the capital city of Jakarta makes this area a favorite destination among families. Its growing tourism potential along with Indonesia's remarkable economic development is still waiting to be more developed and explored. The future of this coastal area is indeed promising.
On October 6th, 2011 PT Jababeka Tbk acquired PT Banten West Java Tourism Development and PT Dimples Leisure Industry. Both were companies that own "Tanjung Lesung Resort" the integrated coastal tourist area on 1,500 hectares of land. Local potentials and the vast experience of Jababeka as a "City Developer" has resulted in a very precise concept in developing Tanjung Lesung.
Soon the coastal area of West Java will have its own airport, located in proximity with Tanjung Lesung. A direct highway to tourist sites will also be provided along with the government's plan to build the Sunda Strait Bridge that will conveniently connect Sumatra with Java.
Krakatoa Nirwana Resort
PT Krakatau Lampung Tourism Development
Updated: Aug. 3, 2011
Owner of Krakatoa Nirwana Resort in Kalianda, South Lampung. Krakatau Lampung Tourism Development has 350 hectars of land located in Kalianda.
Krakatoa Nirwana Resort is enclosed by abundant coconut trees, a characteristic of the region. Its most prominent features include coral and white sand beaches facing the Sunda Straits.
This beachfront resort lies strategically between Bakauheni, the main ferry port of Sumatra, and Bandar Lampung, the capital of Lampung Province. The site is reachable trough a 4 km access road from the Trans Sumatra highway, the main passage from Bakauheni to Bandar Lampung and the rest of Sumatra. The nearest airport is Raden Inten, which is only a 90-minute drive away. In the next 2 to 3 years, airlines are expected to add routes to the city.